Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Welcome to my blog

Hi - my name is Ed Seiter. Welcome to my little genealogy website. I am in the process of setting this up now and will fill it up with a lot of stuff starting in August 2008.

Basically - just to get you started: this is a blog for the Seiter branch located in NY City. From research, I note that there are a lot of Seiters in Pennsylvania, Ohio and Illinois, but to the best of my knowledge, they are no relation to the branch of Seiters that came to New York and settled here.

The branch of the family from which I am descended came to New York in 1857 in the persons of Heinrich Seiter, his wife Katarina [Dietz] Seiter, and their children Jacob and Henry.

I will explain how I know what I know - if that bores you, skip over it. I will also post as much documentation as this website will allow. If you want any of the documents you see, email me [rpaccptjd@gmail.com] and I will be happy to send them.

If I have made any mistakes, I will be very grateful for anyone who can correct information that I have gotten wrong.

I will also be VERY grateful if anyone can provide me with any more information than I already have, because I have come to a dead end on many paths.

So, I will post again in August -I hope you find this stuff fun or useful, or at least interesting.


Ed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ed
Yoy might want to attempt contact with Dr Ernest Seiter at ernie@zoominternet.net, He has an extensive Seiter family data base.
Most in Germany.