Sunday, May 2, 2010

Generation No. 2



Georg Heinerich SEITER (son of Jakob and Elisabetha) was born around 19 July 1789 in Annweiler, Pfalz, Bayern according to Christening records. These records show his mother’s name as “KRAFTIN”. He married Juliana BECKER on 18 November 1819 in Evangelisch, Annweiler, Pfalz, Bayern.

Child of Georg Heinerich SEITER and Juliana BECKER is Heinerich SEITER who was born around 11 November 1821 in Annweiler, Pfalz, Bayern



At this point, I had to start guessing, but I think I got it right-
I can trace the family tree back to Heinrich Seiter [1821 – 1884] definitely................... Heinrich’s [Henry’s] death records, note that he was born in Germany around 1821 and that his father’s name was “Henry”, so I looked up births for children named Heinrich Seiter in 1821 in Annweiler, Germany and found that there was a child named Heinrich born to Heinrich Seiter and Juliana Becker Seiter.............. I could not find a marriage record between a Heinerich Seiter and a Juliana Becker, but I DID find a marriage record between GEORG Heinerich Seiter and a Juliana Becker, so I am thinking that the Georg Heinerich Seiter that married Juliana Becker later went by just "Heinerich Seiter" and that is why his name is listed as "Henry" in the death certicate of his son, Heinerich "Henry" Seiter (1821-1884)..........(got it?)..........once I decided that Heinerich's father was born "Georg Heinerich", I was able to find his parents.

I decided to look in Annweiler, Germany, by the way, because when Heinrich’s (1821-1884) son, Jacob, was married in New York City in 1879, his marriage records indicate that he was born in Annweiler, Rhenish Bavaria.........

No comments: